Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Music

But you don't really care for music, do you?
~ Leonard Cohen
- - - - -

The other morning I had the theme song from The Golden Girls stuck in my head. I feel like that is probably my brother Kirk's fault. I don't know how he did. More importantly, I have no idea WHY he did it. But I didn't like it.

However, it did get me to thinking (granted, it doesn't take much to do that). And I wondered that if you threw a party and invited everyone you knew if you would believe the biggest gift would be from me. It wouldn't be, but the most thoughtful gift would be.

But that isn't what I was thinking anyway. 


What I WAS thinking was that if I was a super-villain, I'd like one of my super-villain powers to be the ability to get songs stuck in people's heads. That would be really annoying. I'd want some other super-villain powers too. Like strength or mind control or the ability to become invisible because - in all honesty - the ability to get a song stuck in someone's head isn't going to let you do a whole lot of villainous things.

No comments:

Post a Comment