Search This Blog

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Marco

We live in a society obsessed with public opinion. But leadership has never been about popularity.
~ Marco Rubio
- - - - -

Today is Marco Rubio's birthday.

I wonder if he still believes that quote I found that was attributed to him. Also, I wonder if he has heard of something called "the popular vote." Though we may be about to elect a very unpopular president. Actually, I'm pretty sure of it - no matter who wins the person is going to be very unpopular with some people.

But it won't be Marco Rubio.

That sounds meaner than I meant it to. I just meant he isn't probably going to be an unpopular president as a result of the next election.

(pause)

That was maybe slightly nicer-sounding.

(pause)

Not a lot nicer-sounding, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment