Search This Blog

Friday, May 27, 2016

Seeing

If your eyes are opened, you'll see the things worth seeing.
~ Rumi
- - - - -

This is part of the alley where I walk from my house to my work. For a few days, I thought there was a dead cat in the alley. I hadn't walked near it, but I had driven on the crossroad. The neighbors by me have a few cats. One is white with a gray part on it's head (fur not a beret or a splotch of paint) and gray paws. I saw it one day and then later I saw it lying in the alley - which it never has done before that I have seen. 

Then a day or two later, I saw it still laying in the alley. And I was sad. I realized it must have gotten hit and died. I felt guilty for a while because maybe it wasn't dead the first time I drove by it and I could have helped save it. I could at least tell my neighbors. I don't think they go into the alley very often.

Anyway, today I realized it wasn't a dead, squashed, rotting cat. It was a pizza box. 

No comments:

Post a Comment