Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Hog

A traveler must have the back of an ass to bear all, a tongue like the tail of a dog to flatter all, the mouth of a hog to eat what is set before him, the ear of a merchant to hear all and say nothing.
~ Thomas Nashe
- - - - -

In preparing this blog, I expected to find tons of quotes about hogs. There were a few, but not nearly as many as I expected. Maybe it's because I'm from Iowa where we talk about hogs a lot. Maybe it's because I just always expect to have lots of quotes to choose from. Maybe it's because I just am accustomed to finding what I expect to find because my expectations are right so often.

Regardless, I traveled to the Bridges of Madison County and saw this bridge. Then I found a quote about traveling and hogs. And now my work here is done.

The moral of this post: Lower your expectations and you can always exceed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment