Search This Blog

Monday, May 2, 2016

Heroes


A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom.
~ Bob Dylan
- - - - -

This is the time of year when lots of people finish the academic year. They are done with classes and sometimes done with degrees. They have learned a lot (hopefully) and are about to do a lot of good things with what they learned (ideally).

But it's not just students who need teachers. Teachers need students, as well. Like when I thought I was trapped in the bathroom and had to ask Eric to come and rescue me because his was the only number I had in my phone since Leslie left her phone in the car.

I heard people outside the door saying, "Oh, I guess we'll have to go upstairs and use that bathroom."

"NO!"  I yelled.  "Who is out there?  I'm trapped!"

But they could not hear me.

I finally figured out I just needed to try and open the door in a slightly different way.  Eric did in fact come to rescue me, but I wasn't in the bathroom then.

Fortunately, no one else was in there either.  Otherwise, he likely would have walked in on them.

While he is a hero to me, he maybe wouldn't have been a hero if he had stormed in on someone going potty. That sort of behavior is rarely seen as heroic.

Anyway, my point is that Leslie should have had her phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment