Search This Blog

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Nothing

We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
~ William Shakespeare
- - - - -

Just some random observations on May Day, 2016.

1. I have missed making some blog entries lately. I usually have a few scheduled in advance. I think this means a few things. One, I started this blog as a sort of way to bring some balance into my world when things were not going well in my workplace. It wasn't because of my colleagues in my unit (they were and continue to be wonderful). It was just a hard time. 

I think that I don't need the same kind of distraction or processing that I did when I started, so I don't turn to my blog to process the way I used to.

Also, I used to not have writing as a major part of my work. I like to write, so I would write in my blog. Now writing is a significant part of my work so again I probably go to my blog less because I don't need the outlet in the same way I did before.

2. So... I just read the history of May Day. I didn't know that. You should do some research on it if you didn't know about its history, either. 

3. There is a lot of work to do.

4. We have a lot of roses on our rose plant in the backyard this year. I don't know why. The only thing I do to it is I don't move over it with the lawnmower.

5. I need to get a new phone.

6. I really like my job. I get to teach ethics and research this summer. That still cracks me up a little that I teach those things.

7. I love Lego people.

8. Leslie was at a conference but she comes home today.

You may not think that these things are related. You may not be able to identify the theme of this blog. There is a theme, though. I'm not going to tell you what it is because that would ruin the fun for you. You'll figure it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment