Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Bicycle

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me. 
~ Emo Phillips
- - - - -

I kind of think that if someone is talented enough to ride a bike on the fence, maybe we should let them.  Of course there are significant risk management issues, so maybe we shouldn't.  But maybe we have too many laws governing human behavior, so maybe we should.  Or maybe the number of lawsuits has gotten so out of hand that we shouldn't.  Maybe people are at a place to take full responsibility for all of the decisions they make, and we should.  Or maybe they're not and we shouldn't let them do things like riding bicycles on fences.

One could say I'm kind of like a bicycle on the fence on this one.  But don't say it around whoever is responsible for enforcing this sign.  I don't need that kind of grief.

1 comment:

  1. I can't take it because I almost wet my pants when I read your blog! You are funny.

    ReplyDelete