Search This Blog

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Spam

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.
~ Melody Beattie
- - - - -

I like to tease Leslie's mom about Spam.  She - apparently - hates Spam.  I even went so far as to leave her a recipe for Spam & Apple turnovers, but even that could not sway her.

So, the other night when I was in the grocery store, I saw this.  I took a photo and sent it to Leslie and said, "For your mama?"  Leslie's response was, "Yukko."  I took that to mean, "No, Michelle.  It is thoughtful of you to try to find new meal alternatives for my mother, but I don't think this is one she would enjoy.  You are thoughtful, though."

I, however, think this is the kind of thing that needs to be TRIED.  You can't judge a "Spam Meal for 1" by it's cover.  So, I have mailed one to Leslie's mom.  And I cooked it first, so she won't have to dilly dally in trying it.

Thoughtful is not my middle name.  But it could be.  I'm glad it's not because it already took me long enough to fill in the name section on those Scantron bubble sheets for exams as it was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment