Search This Blog

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Glitter

Fortune is like glass - the brighter the glitter the more easily broken.
~ Pubilius Syrus
- - - - -

I do not understand why everything around the holidays has to have glitter on it.  Did you know that you can get a static shock from glitter?  Well, you can.  Or at least I can.  And that is not a nice way to spend the holidays.

There is glitter on ornaments and on cards and on stockings and on Menorahs and on packaging for candy.  It is ridiculous.

I shouldn't complain, I know.  I am the one choosing to go into the world of consumerism to see the glitter.  And I really ought to be grateful.  At least I don't have to work in the glitter mines.  I would so not like that.

1 comment:

  1. One of the best descriptions of glitter that I ever heard came from my friend Mitch Fluggel. He lived on 2nd floor Linden when you were the divine empress of that domain. Mitch was terrified of glitter and stated that "Glitter was the herpes of the crafting world, once released it gets on everything". I have found this statement to be quite accurate.

    ReplyDelete