Search This Blog

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Scarecrow

We must not make a scarecrow of the law,
Setting it up to fear the birds of prey,
And let it keep one shape till custom make it
Their perch, and not their terror.
~ William Shakespeare
- - - - -

I took this photo outside the house where my grandparents used to live.  First of all, Grandma would have never had a display like this.  I don't know that she disliked pumpkins and squash and such, it just wouldn't have happened.

And second of all, if there had been a scarecrow, I think Grandma would have given it had a head.  You might think that a headless scarecrow is scarier than one with a head, but only to people.  Because people think, "Yike!  I'd hate not to have a head."  Crows, on the other hand think, "Wow.  I bet a crow ripped the head off that person.  That means free reign in the garden!" 

Of course the crows would be disappointed that there wasn't a garden here but only a pile of pumpkins.

(pause)

Seriously, it would take like two minutes to put one of those pumpkins on the scarecrow to make it look like it had a head.  

No comments:

Post a Comment