Search This Blog

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Idea

Take up one idea.  Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea.  Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone.  This is the way to success.
~ Swami Vivekananda
- - - - -

I love this quotation, but I must admit that I do not really live by it.  I don't have an overarching idea to which I have dedicated my work and my life.  I think you could find some themes in my life - creativity, humor, etc.  But I wouldn't say that I have committed every act and every part of my being to "becoming a justice on the Supreme Court" or "cake decorating" or "optic fiber technology."  I also am not completely sure why I put those three things in quotation marks.

Anyway, the other day I got a message from my friend Liz who said she would like to be the subject of a blog.  She provided me with a few possible topics.  Let's just say that she is a multiple idea person, as well.  I say this because short of a piece of creative writing, I find it difficult to link wildlife, makeup, and condiments as a single theme.  Though, maybe, I kind of did that here.

No comments:

Post a Comment