Search This Blog

Friday, December 14, 2012

Unique

A work of art is the unique result of a unique temperament.
~ Oscar Wilde
- - - - -

I say this a lot, but the image you see above is one of the reasons I really like working on a college campus.  I appreciate the creativity of students.  I like it when they take the time to do creative and non-destructive vandalism.  Which I guess isn't vandalism at all since vandalism is the destruction of something beautiful or venerable.  

I guess instead it's art.  Yes.  I like it when students create art.

Unless they are destructive and, for example, melt candles or metal down the sides of buildings.  That really is just plain vandalism.  If they melt watches and clocks then it is actually vanDALIsm.  I'm not in favor of that.


1 comment:

  1. Whilst at the campus you are speaking of I wished to have engage in "art" projects that would have been deemed vandalism. They would have been glorious but instead I chose not to. I wonder if in part, it was the knowledge that I would have had to deal with you. By deal I mean engage with you as a consequence, and by engage I mean visit with you under circumstance I would rather have not.

    ReplyDelete