Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Codes

I would always encourage people of any age not to be so quick to follow other people's truths but to search and follow your own moral code and live by your own integrity, and mostly just be brave.
~ Jewel Kilcher
- - - - -

On a recent train ride there was a toddler sitting behind me.  I am not sure, but I think his father called him, "Ptomaine."  Anyway, Ptomaine asked for his "tar."  At first his dad asked if he was asking for his "guitar."  I wondered if the kid was going to play "Talk Dirty to Me," or "Every Rose has its Thorn."  But, no.  Ptomaine was saying "tar" for "car."  And by "car" he meant his choo choo train.

Ironically, that same morning, Leslie had emailed me an article about a dead pigeon.  "How does that even relate to this?" you ask.  Well, let me tell you.  See, the pigeon was found in a chimney with a coded message taped to its leg.  According to British sources, the code had not been broken.  If it was a single use code with a set of character known only to the sender and receiver, said the experts, it might never be broken.

My point is this.  If you need someone to make up an unbreakable code, partner with a toddler.  I think many of the messages they send to their parents are codes known only to the sender and receiver and they might be difficult to break.

No comments:

Post a Comment