Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Ornaments

There is only one step from the sublime to the ridiculous.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte

- - - - -

Imagined conversation...

Woman:  What are we going to get Noel for Christmas this year?

Man:  I'm not sure.  What do you think?

Woman:  Do we actually have to get him anything?

Man:  Well, I think we should.  He always invites us to the cabin for a weekend in the summer

Woman: I suppose you're right.  He's just so difficult to shop for.

Man:  I will agree with you there.

Woman:  (laughing)  You know, it would be funny if we could find him an ornament of a campfire.

Man:  (laughing)  You are right.  He certainly does love a campfire.

Woman:  Remember the song he made up about that?  I think he called it, "I Love a Campfire!"

Man:  (laughing more loudly)  I do remember that.  "A campfire makes me dance.  'Specially when it gets on my pants!"

Woman:  (laughing to the point of tears)  Yes.  Yes.

Man:  Oh my goodness!

Woman:  What?  What is it?

Man:  LOOK at that ORNAMENT!

Woman:  It is PERFECT.

(pause)

This is why I imagine a lot of ornaments are purchased.  Some sort of inside joke.

Earlier that year, overheard at the ornament design office.  "I dunno.  A campfire maybe?"

I would also imagine that Satan gives out a lot of these ornaments as gag gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment