Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Bandits

I can't bear art that you can walk around and admire.  A book should be either a bandit or a rebel or a man in the crowd.
~ D. H. Lawrence
- - - - -

A couple of days ago I wrote a blog about bridges and bandits.  In it I said that bandits couldn't hide in a covered bridge.  Why did I think that?  If you look at this photo, you can easily see a number of places where bandits could hide. 

Now, I assure you I am not a bandit, and I did not post that the other day to lure you into a false sense of security.  Not at all.  I cannot, however, be sure that I was not a bandit in a former life.  Not so much because I like to rob people, but I like surprising people.  It could be a carryover from a previous bandit life. 

I also like surprises and I imagine that when bandits robbed people it was always kind of a surprise when they got to see what people had. 

Also, I like to hide and climb things.  I probably would have enjoyed climbing the trestles of this bridge and hiding so I could jump down on the wagons of passers-by.  And I like wagons.

(pause)

I'm pretty sure in a previous life maybe I was a bandit.

No comments:

Post a Comment