Search This Blog

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Morning

By getting up early in the morning one also gets more time at his disposal for work as compared to late-risers.  Scholars and thinkers get up early in the morning and contemplate.
~ Rig Veda
- - - - -

I am a morning person.  That said, I'm not suggesting that I am always fun and pleasant in the morning.  I am simply suggesting that I enjoy mornings.  I like them a lot.  I like to get up early and accomplish things before the sun comes up.  I feel like I tricked the rest of the world and got ahead of them.  Not that we're racing or striving for the same goals.  I'm sure what I'm working toward is different from the things for which others hope or to which they aspire.

There's probably something about also beating nature to the day.  As if the day or life doesn't start until the sun rises.  Lots of things happen in nature "when the lights are out," so to speak.  I just feel like I do better thinking before the traffic starts and the birds are chirping and all that.

For example, right now it is 437 a.m.  I am sure there are raccoons and owls and bats going about their business.  But they aren't messing with me and I am not messing with them.  Maybe raccoons and owls and bats are the scholars and thinkers of the animal world.  Funny, owls kind of have that reputation already.  Whereas raccoons have the reputation of being vandals / thieves and getting into garbage cans and bats have the reputation of being creepy and carrying rabies.  Wait, raccoons also have a reputation for carrying rabies.

That is probably where the phrase "Stay up too late, don't wake the babies; Get up too early, you're bound to get rabies," comes from.  It's not a common phrase, I know.


No comments:

Post a Comment