Search This Blog

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Meat

Vegetables are interesting but lack a sense of purpose when unaccompanied by a good cut of meat.
~ Fran Lebowitz
- - - - -
 
I think it is nice when people can like different things and still be friends.  Pizza, for example.  Different people like different pizza toppings.  Or pizza places.  Some people maybe don't like pizza.  But there is something wrong with those people.  Like Joy.
 
I cannot tell you why (because I don't know, not because it is a secret), but Leslie and I were discussing multiple personality disorder and pizza the other night.  I had ordered pizza and she asked what kind. 
 
Me:  Pepperoni and mushroom.
 
Leslie:  Really.  I thought you'd have gotten something with pineapple.
 
Me:  I think I did last time.  Sometimes I get it half and half, but tonight I wanted this.
 
Leslie:  Imagine if you had multiple personalities and couldn't agree on a pizza.
 
Me:  Well, separate human beings have individual personalities and I've been able to agree with others on what kind of pizza to get.
 
Leslie:  No.  I mean what if your personalities wanted to order half meat-lovers and half vegan.  "Excuse me, can you use some kind of divider so that the vegan side doesn't contaminate my meat lover's?"

No comments:

Post a Comment