Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Warm

How can you expect a man who's warm to understand one who's cold?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
- - - - -
 
Sometimes in Iowa it gets cold.  If you dress appropriately, though, you can still enjoy the weather. I am trying very hard to enjoy winter this year.  I got up very early on the first snowstorm day and went out and took photos.  Like the one you see here.  So far so good, but it is still day ONE of the snowstorm when I am writing this blog.
 
When I got to work, I talked with Ebony for a while.  She said, "I can't believe I spent my first four years in Iowa without long underwear.  Thermal underwear - they're like a hug for your legs."
 
And I thought about when a little kid hugs your leg and how that also kind of warms you up on the inside.  Because of the heartburn little kids give you.  A different kind of warm from thermal underwear, but warm just the same.  Only different.

No comments:

Post a Comment