Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Fan

If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life.  With confidence you have won before you even started.
~ Marcus Tullius Cicero
- - - - -

I'm a pretty big fan of myself.  At least that is what I project.  I'm just as insecure as the next person.  Or more.  What if I'm more insecure than the next person?  What does that mean for me?

Anyway, here is a bio I wrote about myself for a recent speaking thing:

Michelle Boettcher is a photographer and thinker.  She created the blog “Realizing Zen” and tries to post random observations about the world which are both profound and hilarious.  She does indeed enjoy long walks on the beach, though that is not really relevant in this context.  


In addition to her life, Michelle works.  She currently serves as the Assistant Dean of Students and Director of Judicial Affairs at Iowa State University.  In that capacity she has the opportunity to help students learn from their experiences through dialogue and listening.  Mostly her dialoguing and them listening.  


Prior to her current position, she worked in in residence life at Iowa State University, the University of Arkansas, the University of Cincinnati, and Ohio University.  She also worked in academic affairs at Dartmouth College where she simultaneously served as the Recorder for the Lyme, NH Zoning Board of Adjustment.  


In her free time Michelle is also a doctoral candidate in the Educational Leadership and Policy Studies in the School of Education.  Which means she has no free time.


She is just as excited as you – maybe even MORE excited - to hear what she has to say today and is grateful for the opportunity to speak with you.

Wouldn't YOU want to hear that speaker?  I know I would.  Um.  I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment