Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Break

If it were not for hopes, the heart would break.
~ Thomas Fuller
- - - - -

I am getting close to the end of my dissertation.  I do find that I can only write for so long and then I have to take a break.  Sometimes I go for a walk or go to a movie.  It's too cold to go for a walk right now and often too cold for me to even want to go out to a movie.

I started watching Breaking Bad and that is how I take a break from writing right now.  At times I wonder why I am working on a dissertation to get a job where I will never be offered $3,000,000 for 3 months work.  I wonder if it's worth it.  There are other ways to get by.  And then someone on Breaking Bad gets shot or a windshield gets broken or Pinkman gets the crap beat out of him.

I don't want to be shot and I hate it when my windshield cracks and I don't want to get beat up.  So, then I decide maybe finishing the dissertation is the smarter route for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment