Search This Blog

Friday, January 18, 2013

Party

At a formal dinner party, the person nearest death should always be seated closest to the bathroom.
~ George Carlin
- - - - -

The other night Leslie said that for the first time in a long time she expected to be the only one in the house.  She doesn't get a lot of alone / down time, I don't think.  I get a lot.  I enjoy it much of the time - not always.  Sometimes I need to be around other people so I remember not to talk to myself in public.  I thought it would be nice for her to have some time for herself.  She said she thought the boys were both going out with friends.

She said her mom was going to, "old people's party time."  Which made me laugh.  And then I realized that if "Old People's Party Time" was a show on TV, that I would probably watch it.  And I convinced myself that "Old People's Party Time" would involve accordions and polka music.  And then I realized I was probably just remembering "Bandwagon" on KEYC in Mankato, MN from the 1970s.

No comments:

Post a Comment