Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Ice

Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.
~ Matt Groening
- - - - -

We had an ice storm this weekend.  It wasn't a tree-toppling ice storm.  At least I didn't see any trees toppled.  It was icy though.  And I decided not to venture out into the world until late in the day when it had warmed up and the roads were passable.

Instead, I stayed home.  I felt a little trapped, but there were some good things that came of the situation.  One of those was the fact that I finally figured out how to turn off the closed captioning on my TV.  I have been reading the captioning for more than 13 months, now.  It just took an ice storm and time for me to figure out how to switch it off.

(pause)

By the way, you'd be surprised how often people "scoff" on TV shows.   A lot according to the captioners.

No comments:

Post a Comment