Search This Blog

Friday, January 4, 2013

Bread

There is more hunger for love and appreciation in this world than for bread.
~ Mother Teresa
- - - - -

So my brother and Jared got engaged the other night.  They are happy.  I am happy.  Jared seems to balance Kirk - which is a feat unto itself.  And I'm sure their dog, Vegas, will be relieved that they are no longer living in sin. 

Anyway, as part of the Facebook celebration of this event (now a formal step in the process of love in our culture), Kirk's friend Kristy said she thought they were calling her to tell her she won something and that maybe she won the part of the flower girl.  Here is part of the exchange which followed:

Me:  I think you ought to be a flour girl instead of a flower girl.  Because it's the yeast you can do.

Jared: Kristy, I like Michelle's idea.  Start getting bready.

Kris:  Yeah, stop loafing.

Me:  She's quiet.  I hope she's ocake.

Kris: Actually, I heard she's on a roll.

Kristy: I'm going to throw croissants down the aisle!

Me:  Rye would you do that?  Wheat are you thinking?

Kristy:  You are right.  That was silly, instead I'll play hot cross buns.

Jared: Kristy, I donut think you understand how this works...  Please rise to the occasion.

Kristy:  Dough!  I'm such a goof.

Kristy:  I can't come up with any wheaty replies.  Bryan wants to know if this will be a shot pun wedding.

I am thinking of re-writing this as a novel called The Bread and Grooms. (pause)  It will be a pretty short novel.  (pause)  And more character- than plot-driven, I suspect.

1 comment:

  1. and conversation-driven. it might be the first facebook novel. you'll be rich.

    except it's already been published.

    so i guess you'll just have to live off the sale of the movie rights.

    ReplyDelete