Search This Blog

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Bubbler

 If possible, avoid being a bubble; for a bubble, even the gentlest touch is fatal.
~ Mehmet Murat Ildan
- - - - -

This is a bubble light thing.  My Grandma Boettcher always had them on her tree at Christmas.  A few years ago my mom found some and now she puts them on her tree each year.  I like them.

My Grandma Boettcher - for most of my childhood - would give me some kind of clothing for Christmas. It usually was not my style.  Which is saying quite a bit since I don't have a style.  I was recently looking at one of our elementary school photo book things.  I saw that I was wearing the red and white turtleneck thing my Grandma Boettcher got me one year for Christmas.  As I recall, it was the only time I wore it.  As I recall, I did not like it.

So my advice to grandparents out there - don't buy your grandchildren presents.  Don't buy them ANYTHING. Instead, give them a list of chores in a nicely wrapped package.  Make sure there are at least 10 chores on the list.  Tell them their gift is that they can cross off any two of those chores and not have to do them.

That will teach them to complain about the clothes you were going to get them.

Also, I'm glad no one thought of this when I was a kid.  

No comments:

Post a Comment