Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Days

The days come and go like muffled and veiled figures sent from a distant party, but they say nothing, and if we do not use the gifts they bring, they carry them as silently away.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- - - - -

Today is the winter solstice. It is the start of winter and the shortest day of the year. That really isn't true. It has the same number of hours as any other day. I guess we think of days as "less than" when they have less sunlight. I'm not sure I agree. I think my darker days are sometimes more productive. Reflective. Instructive. 

As we move into winter, we move into more light. Cold and light. That is not a bad combination. You know what is a bad combination? Strawberry Crush and chocolate ice cream.  But that didn't stop Erik from eating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment