Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Truth

In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness.  Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
~ Mahatma Gandhi
- - - - -

I believe that truth is simultaneously overrated and constructed. I think it is subject to change. I think the same moment experienced by two people is at least three moments. If you and I share a moment there is my experience of that moment, your experience of that moment and the "real" moment that exists outside of both of our perspectives.

And I am glad that some people in my world understand that is how I think - and maybe a few even agree with me on it.  For example...

Rachel:  You might be more important to me than Billy Ocean.

(Okay, bear with me.  I know that Billy Ocean is not a clean segue to my point, but there is a point that relates to truth if you stick with it for a moment.)

Me: I may have to use some of our conversations in my blog.  And I have received feedback that it may not be an exact transcript of our interactions.

Rachel: As someone from a long history of storytellers, I have no illusion of the accuracy of your blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment