Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Shopping

It's not how much we give, 
but how much love we put into the giving.
~ Mother Teresa

- - - - -

I like to share surprises with people.  I like to pay attention and buy them just the right gift or send them just the right thought when they need it.  I don't always succeed, but sometimes I succeed.  I think most people appreciate my effort.

Not always though.  I was trying to be thoughtful with Kirk one time and he wasn't really grateful at all.

Kirk:  Oh!  Btw: are you the reason the Scientology info people contacted me last night?????  You suck.

Me:  Huh?  What?  I dunno what you're talking about.  I think they just want to save you.  Isn't that what they do?

Kirk:  You know I'm good at revenge right?  Hare Krishnas, too?!

Me:  I just emailed Leslie and told her I'm glad I'm not an only child.

Kirk:  That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me!!!

Me:  I know.  I'm sending the idea to Hallmark now.

Kirk:  Okay, okay.  You win at today.  Tiger Beat?????

Me:  I just tried to sign you up for Wiccan in Maine, but they wanted too much information.  I wasn't even sure if Tiger Beat still existed.

Kirk:  Me either.  I thought it went away in like 1973.  OMG - if I end up on the Suppressive People list for Tiger Beat, I'm gonna be pissed!

Me:  I'm sorry if I wrecked that for you.  Let me know if you end up on the list and I'll try to use some of my tremendous Tiger Beat influence to resolve the situation.

The best part of the story was actually later that day when I told Leslie all about this and she said, "Isn't Kirk going to be confused when he starts getting two copies of Tiger Beat?"

No comments:

Post a Comment