Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Songs

 When we die, we will turn into songs, and we will hear each other and remember each other.
~ Rob Sheffield
- - - - -

I love this idea. It probably is true that there are some songs that remind me of people who have passed. I know there are songs that remind me of the past. It might be an interesting exercise to go through people who have died and come up with songs for each of them. Well, it might be interesting to me - maybe not to anyone else.

I don't know what song would remind people of me. Maybe I don't want to know for sure. 

I know what song would remind me of Leslie. It probably isn't one you would expect. It is "Cat Scratch Fever" by Ted Nugent. I don't know why, but she randomly blurts it out occasionally.

Recently, she has taken to making a "mash-up" of it. The other day she started with "cat scratch" and then it morphed into "Fever" by Peggy Lee. I misunderstood her and thought she was singing, "Cat Scratch Viva" so she started with "cat scratch" and went into "Viva Las Vegas" by Elvis.

"Cat Scratch Fever."  Hm.  

I hope nothing happens to Leslie for long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment