Search This Blog

Monday, April 15, 2013

Beginnings

It's one of nature's ways that we often feel closer to distant generations 
than to the generation immediately preceding us.
~ Igor Stravinsky
- - - - -

The other day Leslie and I were somewhere and we overheard a young woman say to another young woman, "The way my grandparents met is an unfortunate story."  I thought that would make an EXCELLENT opening line to a novel.

And it reminded me of the time I heard my Grandma Boettcher tell about how she met my Grandpa Boettcher.  She said, "Oh, my friend at the time, she didn't like that I dated your grandpa at all.  He drove by in his car and offered me a ride and I said yes.  She was so angry about that." 

"Why?" I asked.

"Well, because she was dating your grandpa at the time," my grandmother replied.

No comments:

Post a Comment