Search This Blog

Monday, April 1, 2013

Pranks

The trick is not how much pain you feel, but how much joy you feel.
~ Erica Jong
- - - - -

I love April Fool's Day.  This year I'm not at work, so I may not play pranks on too many people.  We had a discussion at work the other day when Tiffany and Abby were trying to figure out pranks to play on Joe.  They had hidden some tuna in his office, but were trying to come up with other ideas.  

I like it when people get into prank battles.  Because then I can help both sides and watch the action play out without being at risk.  I can even play pranks and someone else gets blamed.  Once you get labeled a prankster, you are destined to be blamed for all kinds of things.  

Like when Sally blamed me for blasting the volume on her radio.  I never did that.  I just always set her radio to NPR.  Or when Heather thought I rearranged the furniture in her office.  I didn't do that.  Or when my parents though I rearranged the labels on the canned goods and replaced the jelly filling in a doughnut with mustard.  Okay, I guess I did those things.

I think my favorite joke to play was when we used to visit my grandparents' farm and my brother and cousin would want to play and hide and seek.  I have always been an excellent hider (except in that recurring dream I have where robbers break into our home and I hide under a coffee table.  Stupid!).  Anyway, I think I liked hiding from Erik and Tamara because not only was it fun to see them get frustrated, but it also helped me develop an important life skill.  You never know when you might need to evade capture.

No comments:

Post a Comment