Search This Blog

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Wind

Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it.
~ Winston Churchill
- - - - -

I really wish people wouldn't post, "Like this puppy if you are in favor of animal adoption." Or "Like this quote if you are against cancer in children."  Or "Like this rainbow if you are in favor of unicorns."  I appreciate even less when people post, "If you don't share this post in three seconds with 1.2 million people, you are going to face huge personal failure and tragedy next Thursday."

Why do they do that?  I'm all for awareness and activism, but is my liking a puppy really going to help the animals in the world?  And THREATENING me with person harm?!  What kind of philanthropic work is that?

I do realize that posting something on Facebook is a really super easy way of pretending to be engaged or involved, but make it your own business.  Don't bully me into blindly following along like some kind of sheep or groupthink zombie.  That isn't the way the change the world.

Please share this blog post with everyone you know if you agree.  And if you disagree, you are wrong and bound to face a lot of difficulty in life.

(pause)

You had to know something like that was coming, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment