Search This Blog

Friday, April 12, 2013

Humor

The problem with having a sense of humor is often that 
people you use it on aren't in a very good mood.
~ Lou Holtz
- - - - -

Leslie worries that sometimes I post everything she says and that it might cast her in a negative light.  I don't think so at all.  One time our friend Eleanor shared that her friend, Nora Ephron told a story about Eleanor that Eleanor didn't necessarily appreciate Nora sharing.  Nora's response was, "Everything is copy."

I wish I could live and write that way, but sometimes I don't.  Sometimes I let things go even if I know they are interesting or hilarious.  I try to be sensitive to others.  If there is something questionable, I ask the person if I can share it.  The following is just one example of how sensitive I can be.

Me:  Please can I post that moderately offensive thing you said?

Leslie:  No!  You have to be int he right mood to get my humor.  And some people are really religious.

Me:  "Religious" isn't really a mood.

See?  I didn't blog what she said.  I'm all kinds of sensitive to the wishes of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment