Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Happiness

Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open.
~ John Barrymore
- - - - -

I think that if we are open to it, we can encounter happiness almost anywhere.  If you aren't looking to be happy, though, you won't be.  That's almost a guarantee, I think.  If you assume things are bad and people are mean-spirited, that's what you'll find.  Life can be a self-fulfilling prophecy that way.

If, however, you are willing to be receptive to kindness and miracles and the amazing wonders in life, you will find those instead.

The other day I encountered Joy in a check-out line.  (pause)  That doesn't really have anything to do with this blog.  I just was in line and then my friend Joy got in line behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment