Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Streets

All great deeds and all great thoughts have a ridiculous beginning.  
Great works are often born on a street corner 
or in a restaurant's revolving door.
~ Albert Camus
- - - - -

The other day a friend posted a thing on Facebook.  Actually, that happens a lot.  That my friends post things on Facebook.  But I digress.

Anyway, it read, "Gonna rock down to..."  then it had a photo of a sign which read, "Electric Ave. Closed."  And then it said, "well, damn..."  I thought that was hilarious.  And then the song "Electric Avenue" was in my head for the next two days.

I would love it if Electric Avenue ended in a cul-de-sac.  Then there could be a sign on Electric Avenue which would read, "No Outlet."

It really doesn't take too much to amuse me.  It doesn't even take real things to amuse me.

No comments:

Post a Comment