Search This Blog

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Stuff

Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else. The trick is the doing something else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

- - - - -

I think I've said this before, but I like looking at ads on Craigslist.  What people sell and their marketing strategies are interesting.  And I like it when they use creative spelling.  I'm assuming they misspell words as an attention-getter, not because they don't know how to spell.  Or when they sell several things all at once and you wonder what kind of person would own that particular collection of items.

That said, it's not like I have all day to sit around and look at Craigslist.  I have to manage my time.  So when I see something listed as, "Artwork--- Balloons in Paris.  $35," I know that I don't have to spend my time reading that listing.

For the record, I am not sure da Vinci really said the quote above.  I found it online which already casts it in a suspicious life.  I'm not sure he would have used the word "stuff" very often (or "roba" in Italian.  Yes, I'm fluent.  In Google Translate.). Though he invented a lot of stuff and did a lot of stuff and painted a lot of stuff. 

Maybe I should go back and reconsider that "Balloons in Paris" artwork.  What if it something da Vinci painted?  Me getting it for $35 would be the deal of the century!

(pause)

Yeah.  So, I went back and looked at it.  It's not a da Vinci. 

(pause)

I really am not that good at managing my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment