Search This Blog

Monday, May 27, 2013

Squirrel

Living is no laughing matter: you must live with great
seriousness like a squirrel for example - I mean without
looking for something beyond and above living.
Living must be your whole occupation.
~ Nazim Hikmet
- - - - -

Joy:  Good morning!  How are you?

Me:  I took a nice picture of a squirrel this morning.

Joy:  I know.  I saw that.

(She saw it, but did not LIKE it on Facbeook.  Not sure why.)

Joy:  The damn squirrels are getting in my bird feeders again.

Me:  Oh.

Joy:  I'm about ready to get the b.b. gun out.  But I'd end up shooting --

Me:  One of the boys.

Joy:  Myself.  (laughs)  Or, you're right, one of the boys.  I guess that's why Steve hid it from me.

Me:  He is a wise man.

Joy:  But I wish people didn't think I'd do things like that.

(pause)

Me:  But you just said that you would do something like that.

Joy:  I know.  But I don't want other people to think that and wonder about me.

Me:  Joy, we've all been wondering about you for a long time.

Joy:  I know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment