Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Writing

A letter does not blush.
~ Marcus Tullius Cicero
- - - - -
 
 
I think it is interesting to learn about writers.  How they do what they do.  How they think.  Create.  Capture moments.  Tell us their stories.
 
Sometimes I listen to writers reading their work.  Some, you can tell, are really just writers - not readers.  But some are amazing readers of their writing.  Their tone and pace and inflection are perfect.  And draw you deeper into their tales.
 
Everyone writes in his or her own way, I guess.  When I write my blog, for example, I mostly just dump things on the page and let the words and punctuation sort themselves out.  It's what works for me.  Or at least what I do.  Maybe I'm not to judge if it "works" or not. 
 
But I am living my life with a writer now, and I get to learn from her.  She has some interesting quirks of her own when it comes to writing.  Like proofreading.  And conveying a message.
 
I don't always get bogged down with those sorts of specifics.

No comments:

Post a Comment