Search This Blog

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Self


 To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.
~ e. e. cummings
- - - - - 

We were talking about the song "Give me Everything" by Pitbull featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack and Nayer.  Leslie said, "I'm all for enjoying tonight, but I'd kind of like to know you first."

I'm not sure that would work as a title.  It's kind of long.  I guess the label could list it as, "I'm All for Enjoying Tonight (But I'd Kind of Like to Know your First)."  They do that sometimes.

Fortunately, when it comes to the actual writing of the song, there are lots of words to rhyme with "first" like: knackwurst, interspersed, unreimbursed,and William Randolph Hearst.

No comments:

Post a Comment