Search This Blog

Friday, May 31, 2013

Garden

A good garden may have some weeds.
~ Thomas Fuller
- - - - -

The other day I stopped by to see Rose and Jean.  Poor Jean was doing a bunch of work and running around while Rose just sat there at her desk.  Rose has a gigantic plant that is slowly taking over the entire office.  It reminded me of the plant from "Little Shop of Horrors."  Jean was trying to work without stepping on it.

I said, "Rose, you need to get that thing under control.  It's taking over the office.  Jean can hardly get her work done."

Rose nodded dismissively in that patronizing, "I hear you but I'm only nodding so you'll stop nagging me and I'm really ignoring you" kind of way.

I finally said very sternly, "When you started working here, they didn't promise you a garden, Rose!"

(pause)

I seriously crack myself up.  Jean and Rose both laughed.  And then Rose barked at Jean, "DON'T YOU HAVE WORK TO DO?!!!!"

Rose is a little intense.

No comments:

Post a Comment