Search This Blog

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Magic

Magic is believing in yourself. 
If you can do that, you can make anything happen.
~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

- - - - -

I vaguely remember that perhaps I have used this image before.  If I had it in front of me, I would spin it so it could tell me if I've used it.  I don't.

Anyway, the other day I was walking across campus.  It was a beautiful day.  Lots of students were lying on the grass or studying outside with friends or playing frisbee. 

I passed two young men engrossed in conversation.  This is what I overheard, ""I was initially calling him a magician, but he's not really a magician."

That's all I heard.  I wonder what "he" really is.  Some possibilities:

* A wizard
* A Magic Eraser®
* A flower pot
* A tea pot
* His roommate
* A dog
* A calendar
* A coffee table book on staplers

Some magical mysteries are meant to remain just that, I suppose.  Like where thunder and babies come from.

No comments:

Post a Comment