Search This Blog

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Sunday

 Do not let Sunday be taken from you.  If your soul has no Sunday it becomes an orphan.
~ Albert Schweitzer
- - - - -

I like Sundays.  Today, as I write this, it is Sunday.  It is cloudy and foggy out. A good day for thinking.

I have found that there are more reflective and philosophical Facebook postings on Sundays than many other days of the week.  Trying to gear up for the work to come, I suppose.  Or maybe people just have time to be reflective on Sundays that they don't have time to be reflective at other times.

And does it really count as reflection if you just see something someone else posted and then re-post it?  I would argue that it does if you engage with it.  There is existing knowledge out there that we can benefit from sharing.  Is a Facebook post knowledge?  Sure. Why wouldn't it be?  Maybe it is weighted differently than other types of knowledge.  Still, though, I think it can be of value.

My point is, I like Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment