Search This Blog

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Dreamt

A dream doesn't become reality through magic; 
it takes sweat, determination and hard work.
~ Colin Powell
- - - - -

I don't know why, but my Gmail doesn't recognize the word "dreamt."  It has - wait!  My blog doesn't recognize it, either.  That is sad to me.  Is technology trying to take away my dreams?  Or at least the dreams of my past?  Or is it jealous because it does not dream?

I think that sometimes people who haven't found their dreams or who are scared of their dreams try to squash the dreams of others.  I think most of the time this isn't even a conscious act.  Most people are afraid of their dreams.  Even those who pursue them, I am guessing, are scared about what might happen if they achieve their dreams.

My dad always told me to dream bigger than anything I thought I might ever achieve.  He said he had set goals in his life and had achieved them when he was young and then wasn't sure what to reach for next.

So I have big dreams.  I dream of a life full of laughter and love and creativity.  I dream of winning an academy award.  And a Pulitzer Prize.  And the Nobel Peace Prize Of course, at some point I'm going to have to actually do something to get those things.  I'm going to need to write.

And be peaceful.


No comments:

Post a Comment