Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Rooms

There is a big difference between what I do onstage and what I do in my private life.  
I don't put my living room on magazine pages.
~ Annie Lennox
- - - - -

I was looking at Craigslist the other day and I saw an ad for some "leaving room furniture."  It got me to thinking about perception and how we create realities in our minds about space.  I guess the person posting the ad had always envisioned the main room of the house as a room from which people leave.  I wonder if that had an impact on his or her interactions with others.  Was the person always focused on the departure?  Maybe some kind of abandonment mentality?  It was very interesting to me.

While there may be some sad implications for the person focused on the "leaving" part of any interaction, I do think it is better than calling a room a "coming room."  Though "arrival chamber" has a nice ring to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment