Search This Blog

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Fashion

Humility and knowledge in poor clothes excel pride and ignorance in costly attire.
~ William Penn
- - - - -

People put too much emphasis on clothing.  I mean, I'm all for preventing nudity in most cases, but does it matter so much what one wears?  Little kids wearing mismatched clothes are great.  Grown up kids wearing mismatched clothes are criticized or mocked.  Why is matching better?  I don't know, but 'round here it seems to matter.  Okay and it matters to me sometimes, too.  Sometimes I wonder what people where thinking when they got dressed when I see someone mismatched (usually myself walking past a display window).
I think that they should make a line of clothing for older women called "Grannymals."  They would be like Garanimals, but for oldsters - matching made easy.  Although a lot of grannies can be fashionable without ready-matched apparel.  There might be a more urgent need for "Grampymals," but it doesn't sound as much like "Garanimals."


No comments:

Post a Comment