Search This Blog

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Mail

If you want something, it will elude you.  If you do not want something, you will get ten of it in the mail.
~ Anna Quindlen
- - - - -

Leslie and I don't necessarily agree on what God is.  Which is okay.  I think God can be whatever each person wants.  In my case, God has an excellent sense of humor.  Look at some of the people around you and you will know that it is true.

God also plays pranks.  The other day I had a horrible day at work.  I came home and a letter I had written wasn't picked up by the mail carrier.  This happens more than infrequently at my house.  The mail carrier doesn't pick up the mail.  Or doesn't get picked up until VERY late (like after 7 p.m.).

I was angry.  I opened the mailbox to see if there was delivered mail and the carrier just left my outgoing letter.  There was no mail delivered.  And when I opened the mailbox, my letter fell down the crack between my front step and the house.  It is irretrievable.  Unless I remove the front step.  Or burn down the house.  Neither of which is my plan.

I'm sure it seemed like a funny joke to God.  The chances of it falling just so were pretty miniscule.  But it happened.

It didn't make my day get any better, but I did think, "Michelle, if that's the worst thing that happens to you today, your life isn't all that bad."

So, even when God plays pranks, there are lessons to be learned if we are open to learning them.  In this case, the lesson is clear.  I need to move to a different house.

No comments:

Post a Comment