Search This Blog

Friday, April 26, 2013

Drinks

I like whiskey.  I always did, and that is why I never drink it.
~ Robert E. Lee
- - - - -

I love airports.  At least once I'm at the correct gate and just waiting to board, I love them.  They are places where you can eavesdrop easily and hear the most amazing and interesting things.  Some people are stressed or angry or rude.  Others are funny or curious.  On a recent trip I overheard this...

Man:  (scrounging through a travel bag of snacks) Want to keep out chips?  Or you like pretzels.

Woman:  Yeah.  I like pretzels.

Man:  With your margarita.

Woman:  Yeah, pretzels with my margarita.

I've never had pretzels with a margarita.  But that is not really my point.

My point is that I think it's funny when old married couples (this couple appeared to be old and married) repeat one another.  He clearly knew her.  She wanted to affirm his knowledge of her.  

(pause)

Or maybe she just hoped he was going to pull a margarita out of that travel bag of snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment