Search This Blog

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Fog

All action takes place, so to speak, in a kind of twilight, 
which like a fog or moonlight, often tends to make things 
seem grotesque and larger than they really are.
~ Karl Von Clausewitz
- - - - -

The other day I was talking to Leslie and told her about relating a story to Sally.  I don't remember the details, but in telling Leslie what I told Sally I quoted something Leslie had said.

Leslie:  I didn't say that.

Me:  Are you sure?

Leslie:  Yes.  I think maybe you said that to yourself.

Me:  Really?

Leslie:  Yes, in your head.  I didn't say it.

And I realized she was probably right.  I probably did reformulate what had happened so it flowed better or made a more interesting story.  I am sure I do that sometimes.  It sounds like something I would do.  Of course, I'm not sure if I got the above interaction down exactly right, either.  I think I have a fictional memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment