Search This Blog

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Anger



- - - - -

Sometimes when I am preparing blogs, I will find a quote that works with a photo.  I may not finish the entire entry, but I have a start.  Then when I go back,  I can look at the draft and finish it and then post it.

I like this quote.

I like this photo.

I don't know what I was thinking that linked the two.  Maybe nothing.  Maybe I was thinking about how angry I was the day we went to the site where Buddy Holly's plane crashed.  Because it was such a tragic loss for music.

Maybe I was thinking that I don't like it when it's really, really cold.  Which it was that day.  So cold we didn't tramp all the way across the field to where the exact site was.

Maybe I thinking about how when we're angry we tend to be cold toward others.  And if we let go of some anger, we can be warm and caring and generous instead.

Or it could be that I was reflecting on how anger is a waste of energy when you hold on to it for too long.  It's okay to be frustrated or angry or upset on occasion, but it's best to move on to more positive things.  Appreciating the moment instead of wasting it on rage is important, I think.

I don't know what I was going to write.  I bet it was better than this.  I wish I knew what my plan was.  I am furious I can't remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment