Search This Blog

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Moments

There is a very fine line between loving life and being greedy for it.
~ Maya Angelou
- - - - -

I love this quote.  To me it is about the difference between now and tomorrow.  You can enjoy the moment you are in - or maybe the lessons it can teach; you can long for more - tomorrow, things, relationships.  Gratitude is about what you have and who you are in this moment.  Greed is about wanting more.

The other day I posted, "It is good to be where you want to be."  To me that is what the title of this blog is all about.  We have zen moments in every moment.  We just don't always realize them.  And when we search for them we certainly don't find them because we are doing and not being.

I will say that it isn't good to pursue zen when you're in a crosswalk on a busy street.  You should be doing the work of crossing the road, not just being in the moment and being hit by cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment