Search This Blog

Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor

Labor gives birth to ideas.
~ Jim Rohn
- - - - -

I might have mentioned before that I think I could have enjoyed life as a farmer.  I think the hard work and the solitude would have been a good fit for me.  I don't know a lot about farming, so that would have probably made for some challenges - at least in the beginning.  I do think when you are working in a job that requires routine - even a routine one enjoys - it does provide some space for thinking and reflecting.  So, with that in mind, I agree with Jim Roth's quote above.

I think he missed a pretty important point, though.  Labor also gives birth to babies.  Of course, what are babies besides zip lock bags of human being filled mostly with water and ideas?  So, maybe I'm mistaken.  He's probably right on a number of levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment